There is no better gift to give your family and friends this holiday season than something that can also improve their health. With many individuals making New Year’s resolutions that are health and fitness based, why not encourage their progress by giving them a gift that can improve their health all year long. Below are some health and fitness-based holiday gift ideas that all members of your family will be sure to love.
- Wearable technology. Today, technology is everywhere, including our workouts. Whether it is using a heart rate monitor, a Fitbit, or a smart watch; these tools can help individuals stay motivated throughout their workouts. Fitness technology really can meet the needs of everyone.
- Healthy Meal Delivery Service. Meal delivery services have become very popular over the last several years. Many companies now offer special dietary boxes for those with food allergies, vegetarians, and vegan diets. Getting healthy ingredients and recipes delivered right to your door is great for those looking to eat better or those just looking to spice up their dinner menu. The fun time you will have cooking the meal together as a family is just a bonus.
- Gym or Studio Membership. A gym or studio membership is a great gift for anyone who is looking to maintain or improve their health. Many gyms and studios offer deals toward the end of the year to help encourage people to get in and get healthy.
- Registration fee for a race or fitness event. A great way to spend time with family members is to train for a race or fitness event together. Setting a goal of doing a 5K, obstacle course race, or other fitness event is a great way to get in shape and stick to your routine.
- Personal Training Sessions. A package of several personal training sessions is great for all fitness levels from beginner to advanced. Beginners can learn some basic exercises and workouts to ensure they are on the right track, and those that are more advanced can learn some new exercises to create some variety in their routine.
Whether your gift recipient is a novice exerciser or fitness enthusiast, they are sure to love any of these gifts, and you can feel good knowing you gave the gift of health.
About the Author:
Meg Rademacher, M.S. has worked with BaySport managing a Corporate Wellness facility in Phoenix, AZ for over eight years. She has her Master’s Degree in Exercise and Health Science, is a Certified Exercise Physiologist through ACSM, and maintains a NASM Personal Training Certification. Meg enjoys working with individuals who want to start a career in the fitness field by teaching Exercise Physiology classes at a local community college.