EatingWell.com, April 2017
By: Carolyn Casner
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups sliced red or yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, avocado and/or pico de gallo for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally, then slice crosswise into strips. Combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat with the spice mixture. Add bell peppers and onion and stir to combine. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Roast on the middle rack for 15 minutes. Leave the pan there and turn the broiler to high. Broil until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are browning in spots, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Stir in lime juice.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables in warm tortillas accompanied by lime wedges and topped with cilantro, sour cream, avocado and/or pico de gallo, if desired.
- Serving size: 2 fajitas per person
- Per serving: 357 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat); 6 g fiber; 33 g carbohydrates; 30 g protein; 52 mcg folate; 83 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 2,013 IU vitamin A; 142 mg vitamin C; 76 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 573 mg sodium; 761 mg potassium