Endorphins: the “feel good” hormones or better known as the “runner’s hormones.”
They are naturally occurring hormones produced by the nervous system to help the body manage pain and experience pleasure.
Here are some stress-relieving tips to boost endorphins:
- Exercise: The mental health benefits from exercise are just as impressive as the physical benefits, all thanks to endorphins. You do not need to run a marathon to achieve an endorphin boost – any form of exercise will do; enjoy it and have fun!
- Meditate: Meditation and practicing yoga are widely known to help you relax and achieve an inner sense of calm and stillness. Just 5-minutes a day can improve physical wellness, improve your mood, increase your ability to cope with illness, and improve your sleep.
- Take it Outdoors: Sunlight has many health benefits, from helping your skin produce vitamin D to boosting your serotonin and melatonin levels in your body. By getting outside a few times a week for 15 minutes at a time, you can also increase your endorphin levels.
- Laugh with friends and family: As the old saying goes, “laughter is the best medicine.” Laughter offers no prescription requirements, no adverse side effects, and no allergies. Win, Win!
- Enjoy your favorite food: Eating your favorite plate of food can trigger the release of endorphins. To add a little extra happiness to your days, eat your favorite food, try a new recipe, and enjoy every bite of your delicious plate of food.