The feel-good power of a smile is undeniable. A smile is one of the most fundamental biological representations of happiness among all humans. It is an involuntary response that our bodies do when responding to things that bring you joy or a good laugh. These are two main positive types of smiles:
- Reward: Smiles that express approval, happiness, and other positive feelings.
- Affiliation: Smiles that convey positive intention, trust, belongingness, and compassion.
Smiling stimulates our brain mechanisms so much that not even chocolate can match. One researcher found that just one smile can provide the same level of “mood-boosting values” of brain stimulation as 2,000 chocolate bars. Smiling not only offers an incredible way to boost a mood, but it also has numerous other health benefits. Here are a few different reasons why you should smile every day!
- A smile helps reduce stress hormone levels.
- A smile helps strengthen the immune system.
- A smile helps lower blood pressure.
- A smile helps reduces pain.
- A smile helps you stay positive and happy and live longer!