BaySport is a leading provider of preventive medicine, physical therapy, and corporate health services. With over 100 corporate clients, BaySport has developed many clinic and worksite-based programs aimed at improving employee health and reducing employer health costs. From corporate wellness center management to cholesterol screening services to executive physical examinations to injury management services, the BaySport staff can help participants return to activity, identify health risks and make lifestyle adjustments to reach their health goals.
Team Member Role and Responsibilities
The BaySport Assistant Manager position involves commitment to one of our corporate clients in Foster City. This is a temporary position for leave coverage; it has the potential to become full-time position in the fall. Hours would start at 20 hours per week, increasing to 40 hours per week in the March-April time frame. Duties would include the support of the corporate wellness strategies.
- Communicate with the Program Manager to implement quality program offerings consistent with client needs, local site needs, and corporate program goals
- Oversee all aspects of Fitness Center operations
- Conduct fitness assessments, consultations, and delivering exercise prescription to clients
- Create a positive, supportive, and healthy fitness environment for members
- Ensure the safe condition of facilities and equipment; provide proper supervision and/or instruction on the Fitness Center equipment.
- Coordinate specific programs under direction of the Program Manager, e.g. weight loss competitions, incentive programs, chair massage, personal training, on-site screening programs, etc.
- Group exercise class instruction, as scheduled
- Ensure confidentiality of participant program records - medical history, fitness assessment and/or consultation data
- Program development, e.g. incentive programs, health education seminars, newsletter, worksite screening programs, etc.
- Take initiative by adding your particular strengths to your position
- Deliver on our brand of uncompromising client service
To provide our clients with the best experience, we are asking for the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Exercise Science or related field with experience in Corporate Fitness
- Current certification in CPR/AED and Professional Certification (ACSM, NSCA or similar)
- Personal training and/or group exercise certifications and experience, preferred
- Ability to understand client needs and deliver results
- Solutions-oriented team player who takes initiative and is accountable for results
- Detail and process-oriented thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills