BaySport is a leading provider of preventive medicine, physical therapy, and corporate health services. With over 100 corporate clients, BaySport has developed many clinic and worksite based programs aimed at improving employee health and reducing employer health costs. From corporate wellness center management to cholesterol screening services to executive physical examinations to injury management services, the BaySport staff is able to help participants return to activity, identify health risks, and make lifestyle adjustments to reach their health goals.
BaySport’s Preventive Medicine division delivers health screening (or biometric screening) services to corporate clients in California. While most testing locations are in the San Francisco Bay Area, our team does support clients in Southern California, as well. We test approximately 11,000 program participants each year.
Team Member Role and Responsibilities
The BaySport Program Manager is responsible for maintaining the quality and consistency of the health promotion programs provided at a corporate location. Program standards -- guidelines, content, publicity, quality, and consistency -- are established under the guidance of the BaySport President. This is a full-time benefited position.
- Communicate with the BaySport President to implement quality program offerings consistent with client needs, local site needs, and corporate program goals
- Oversee all aspects of Fitness Center operations
- Conduct fitness assessments, consultations, and delivering exercise prescription to clients
- Create a positive, supportive, and healthy fitness environment for members
- Ensure the safe condition of facilities and equipment; provide proper supervision and/or instruction on the Fitness Center equipment.
- Oversee BaySport payroll for the individual site
- Coordination of the group exercise program
- Group exercise class instruction, as scheduled
- Ensure confidentiality of participant program records - medical history, fitness assessment and/or consultation data
- Program development, e.g. incentive programs, health education seminars, newsletter, worksite screening programs, etc.
- Take initiative by adding your particular strengths to your position
- Deliver on our brand of uncompromising client service
To provide our clients with the best experience, we are asking for the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Exercise Science or related field with experience in Corporate Fitness
- Current certification in CPR/AED and Professional Certification (ACSM, NSCA or similar)
- Personal training and/or group exercise certifications and experience, preferred
- Ability to understand client needs and deliver results
- Solutions-oriented team player who takes initiative and is accountable for results
- Detail and process-oriented thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills