Photo by Luis Quintero from Pexels
If you’re looking for a full-body workout that you can do at home with no equipment, look no further!
Warm up (3 rounds):
- 30 seconds high knees
- 5 hip turn outs (lift knee up to 90 degrees, rotate knee away from body, place foot back on the ground- repeat on opposite side)
- 10 air squats
- 10 plank shoulder taps
Lower Body Circuit (3 rounds):
- 5 (each side) rear foot elevated split squats
- 20 second squat hold (hold in bottom position)
- 10 tuck jumps – if these are too hard on your knees, substitute for squat jumps or regular air squats
Upper Body Circuit (3 rounds):
- 10 shoulder taps
- 10 kneeling or regular push-ups
- 10 second push-up hold (hold in bottom position with elbows at 90 degrees)
Core Conditioning (4 rounds):
- Alternating side planks (12 reps each side)*
- Military plank (30 seconds)**
- Mountain climbers (15 reps)
*Alternating side planks: Start in a plank position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Engage your core and shoulders to rotate your torso to the left, and extend your left arm so that it is perpendicular to your body. Pause, then return to the starting position. Repeat on the opposite side.
**Military plank: Start in a plank position with your arms fully extended and your feet shoulder-width apart. Drop down to a forearm plank (elbows bent) and then return back up to the starting position. Continue this process for 30 seconds total.
Workout provided by Ken Rogers – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist